Window

decoy

Have a 18 ft. mallard 2005 travel trailer. My ? is this, does anyone know what other rv's have done to change the escape window next to the bed so you can have fresh air and still feel secure at nite. The window is bed level but if you open it and prop it up you feel like if anyone or thing wanted in, no since in lockn' the door.
Thanks for any suggestions. :)

utmtman

Re: Window

LOL my goodness I think you should give up camping. Sorry could not resist. I dont think you will have too many beasts or people crawling thru your window at night while you are sleeping there. Maybe birds flying in is a possiblility unless of course you are using a screen thus problem solved and needless to worry. I have been camping for 50 years and have yet seen a situation where strangers have entered ones rv while they were there. I have heard of one case where a woman was raped in a tent and one case where an rver had some enter thru a front window on his rv and rob him blind while he and his dog slept. Lastly I know of one case where a bear broke thru a window on an rv and took out a child. Rare to say the least when you compare the number of rvers as compared to the number of incidences.

decoy

First of all birds flying at night???? I'm 65 yo and have been camping in the real backwoods of Idaho for 30+ years and I wouldn't have asked this question if I didn't have a reason.
Guess no one has any ideas, Thanks anyway

Kirk

decoy

I would gather that your escape window is not designed to open, with a window screen? The one we have has a sliding pane that has a screen just as any other window does. If you are hinging yours up as I think you are, I would think that flying insects would also be a problem. You might want to see if you can find a different make of escape window to replace your present one with. Perhaps a different manufacturer?

decoy

Thanks Kirk, you are correct on my window, no screen and it hinges up. Makes for a stuffy hot sleeping quarters. And also Thanks for staying within my question unstead of a frivolous response.

elkhartjim

Well dang Tex, if'in you can't open the winder...its stuffy. Frivolous response I know but.................