Windscreen Washers

SuperMike

On a 2010 Winnebago Sightseer 31E, can anyone tell me please which fuse controls the windscreen washers. Mine have suddenly stopped working, so something is wrong and before I go back to the dealers, a simple fuse check is in order. It's built on a Workhorse W22 chassis and the inside fuse panel is down at the drivers left foot, which is a pain to get at when you are a bit crusty like me. I have checked the book and the washer is not listed on any fuse, but it must be on one of them. If it is the same fuse as the wipers then that is not the problem as they work fine. Thanks.:laugh:

H2H1

Re: Windscreen Washers

I can assume you are talking about the wind shield washer. IF so have you checked the reservoir to see if there is fluid inside of it?. I have a workhorse W22 chassis also and I would check and see if there is a in line fuse from the reservoir pump to the hoses on the wipers. Also check to see if the hoses aren't clogged up, take off at the pump and blow them out and see if that helps. PLEASE post back your finding if you do find the problem or if a shop found it. Good luck.

nifty9

RE: Windscreen Washers

check to see if washer pump is running when wife pushes control button have the same problem on my coach.Need to fix mine !Love those truck stops get fueled up clean windscreen while fueling,I think they may share the same fuse.Dave

02 dutch star 40ft

01 dodge dually
59 chev short box
31 model a coupe

Victoria B.C. Canada

SuperMike

Hi there, yes I mean the Windscreen Washers, dam Clononials' :evil: I have already tried all that suggested, except where would this inline fuse be, the hoses seem connected directly to the pump with no blockages & no fuses. Thank you very much for all your thoughts, keep them coming, particularly if you know which of the main bl**dy fuses it is. :laugh:

vanole

SuperMike,

Two quick things have you checked to make sure the jets are not gunked up or are aimed at the windshield/screen, also like Hollis referred to check the little rubber hose for dry rot the washers may be working but the fluid is dribbling down the front of the coach.

Nifty9, have you had the displeasure yet of driving over one of those supposed windshield cleaners at a rest stop (for example the FLorida Turnpike) the weight of the coach activates it. Once done you have and awful mess running down the front of the coach.

Jeff

LEN

Not knowing your MH, in general there are about 6-7 places for fuses.
1. Front drivers side bay
2. Near steering wheel
3. Center front right of stering wheel between driver and passenger
4. Front outside firewall sometimes in a 6" x 6" box
5. In the bath area
6. In the back near the 120v panel
7. In the bay by the inverter
Have you tried an E-mail to the coach company?
Just thought of another one on the switch it self.

LEN

Triple E

Hollis I bet you have been called allot of names but "Clononials"?!?! I think this may be the first. :laugh: :laugh:

SuperMike

Triple E - 2/9/2011 4:50 PM Hollis I bet you have been called allot of names but "Clononials"?!?! I think this may be the first. :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, my keyboard is Dislexic. It should of course read Colonials. That will teach me to be smart. :bleh:

H2H1

Well yes I have Steve, but since SuperMike is from England I know he can't be all right ( just Kidding SM) and I excuse him on that one. But there a terminology of WIND SCREEN VS WIND SHIELD got me. But I hope he reads this as I try to explain it to him.. WINDSHIELD IS WHAT WE CALL THE GLASS IN FRONT OF THE RV THAT WE ALL LOOK OUT THRU WHEN DRIVING :laugh: WIND SCREEN IS WHAT WE CALL A PIECE OF FABIC THAT HELPS BLOCK OUT THE BUGS AND WIND WHEN CAMPING. :laugh: :laugh: SuperMike btw how is campin where you are at? I heard the road are narrow for a rv your size.

SuperMike

When I was in California, 20 odd years ago, I stopped for a coffe and the lady who served me said " Gee don't you talk funny ". My reply to her was, " I am English and I am speaking English, you are the one who talks funny. " Anyway it's proper name is Windscreen, so there. :dead:

Yes Hollis the roads can be a challenge, however unlike yourselves we have to take a 3 part test to drive one of these. See the thread "Mike & Managements RV Road" and so after a few trips it becomes second nature. You just have to plan it a bit better, and Google Earth is very helpful. Also my Sat Nav only routes me down appropriate roads, being the type that you enter Vehicle dimensions, weight etc.

By the way I have checked the pipes and jets, no blockages. It would appear that the 12v has gone missing from the pump motor. Now I could go back to the dealer, they are excellent, and the rig is only a few months old, but it is a round trip of 140 miles at £1.39p per litre. I don't want to make that journey for them to change a fuse. Which brings me back to the original question, which you have all ducked "WHICH BL**DY FUSE IS IT" :laugh:

Also, and I've asked this before without an answer, why when you edit a post as this one has been, all the attributes disappear. This had paragraphs and was all neat and tidy and some of my smileys have gone walkabout. :( DamColonial Forum :evil:

Triple E

So what is a bug screen Vs a bug sheild??? :laugh: :laugh: Never mind.. I am just bored. :( :( :(

H2H1

Steve go and shovel some snow, that work off your energy :laugh: :laugh:

Triple E

Sick of snow!
Sick of Cold!
Sick of Cabin Fever!
Would not be so bad If it just warm enough to go tinker around the motor home. Oh well, May is coming.

akjimny

Mike - have you tried running a hot wire direct to the battery to check if the washer fluid pump is working?

H2H1

HI Steve, well it is 52 here, and the bright sun shinning. :laugh: :laugh: And you had all of last summer to move here :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Triple E

Do you think I could find someone who would trade my 30 acres and home for their 30 acres and home?

H2H1

NO NO NO, WHO in GOD name would move there where all the snow and cold is WHEN we have a mild winter and great spring and summer and fall. :laugh:

LEN

I think the gent from across the pond has it right Wind screen is what we sit in front of, wind shield is what is the plastic thing that is in front of the wind screen or above it as a shade.

LEN

H2H1

Len if you need a front glass, go to a glass shop and ask for a windscreen and see what you get. Here in the south we call it a windshield

SuperMike

LEN - 2/9/2011 11:06 PM I think the gent from across the pond has it right Wind screen is what we sit in front of, wind shield is what is the plastic thing that is in front of the wind screen or above it as a shade. LEN

Thank you Len, clearlyyou area mega intelligent colonial. :clown: