Windshield breakage while leveling

Marlin

I have a National Marlin 2001. It was made only that one year on a Spartan chassis. I have Power Gear hydraulic levelers. I level the vehicle per the instructions but have no way to dump the air from the suspension. Right to left leveling is done only with the rear jacks, the front jacks are pivot points. I am thinking I should be able to dump the suspension air but I can't. This results in twisting of the frame and my windshields break in the lower corners. Any help would be appreciated.

Kirk

Re: Windshield breakage while leveling

If you have a four jack system, you should operate the jacks in pairs, both on one side or both on one end, but never in single if they are touching the ground.

If you have two rear and one front jack mounted in the center of the chassis, then your explanation works.

C Nash

The power gear system rear will work independ of each other on the four jack system or mine does. Front will not. I have never had a problem and have used the rear per instruction to level side to side if only out slightly. If there is a big difference in side to side I use blocks under the pad.

Marlin

Thank you for your reply. Do you have any way to dump the suspension air? I don't and feel that I am unable to move the coach pushing against this air. After the coach has sat for several days and the air pressure has gone down the side to side leveling is easy. Nothing in my instructions talks about getting rid of the air pressure before leveling. Thanks again for your help.

C Nash

Marlin sorry I have a gasser and the only way I can dump air is by straining real hard :eek: :clown:

C Nash

Well, you know how it is here in Alabama. We just tell it like it is :laugh: