windshield cracks when leveling

anne

I have had my windshield crack twice with me when leveling on near level ground. there wasn't anything severe when it came to the terrain. The air bags were let out. so is there any ideas as to what happened.

G

RE: windshield cracks when leveling

welcome to the forums ,, what model rv do u have ,, i have seen certain models that had a prob with this , and they are kind warrantying the prob,, if it's the brand u have ,, i would ck with u'r dealer ,, for sure ;) :approve: :approve: :approve: :)

hamdave

RE: windshield cracks when leveling

Bottom line, if you 'crack' the windshield while leveling, you are using ONE jack more than the others and creating a torque on the frame causing the crack. You need to move each jack TOGETHER as much as possible or move them one at a time a SMALL amount, to keep the overall frame from creating that torque. These behemoths were never designed to take a lot of stress that way, and I have my suspicion that there are no real factory engineers designing these things.

good luck

C Nash

Re: windshield cracks when leveling

As 730 said there were some with improper sized openings and was causing this problem. Do as 730 said and ck into a warranty issue.

RvRover

I would certainly check with my dealer and see if he has had problems with this from other customers, however what the other guy mentioned about torque is valid as well. Are you using one jack more than the other or are you having two people do it at one time?

G

and i bet more to come ,, Nash ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: