Wingard Antenna Won't Stay Up

rjf7g

We don't watch much TV, so I didn't know there was an issue until I was doing my spring roof cleaning yesterday. I lubricated the antenna and was going to lift it just to check and see if we could pick up another channel, but the antenna drops back down after about 3/4 turn on the handle. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Re: Wingard Antenna Won't Stay Up

Hi Becky,

I have the perfect answer for you. Call my friend Hans Rabong, an engineer at Winegard, at 800-288-8094. I don't think Hans is there on weekends but I think you can get an answer even on Saturday and Sunday. If not call Camping world as they are big dealer for Winegard.

Good luck!

C Nash

Sounds like a tooth is stripped or out of alignment on the gear system. Should be able to go on top and watch it while someone tries to raise the antenna.

Becky, The lifting gear is stripped. Easy to install andI have them in stock, just give me a call.Next time we are over, we could deliver one for you.

rjf7g

Kenneth-
Cool - do you have the rubber bushing in stock, too? How much is the lifting gear (and bushing?) (with tax)? I will add it to the check I am already sending you!

Becky,
Linda can tell you tomorrow, but I will be traveling to Kentucky tomorrow delivering a trailer. I don't know if we have the bushing in stock, but we can get it. The gear is not expensive.