Winter Rving ?

huracan

We are new to Rving, we live in Florida, we own a 2000 Fourwinds Hurricane class A motorhome and we would like to travel to the Smoky Mountains in the coming weeks. My main concern is with below freezing temperatures. How can I protect my water pipes, etc. from freeze damage?

C Nash

Re: Winter Rving ?

If you are using heat you should have no problem with freeze up. The basement section is probably heated but, check to be sure. You will need to wrap your city water hose if you use it but, would be best to fill fresh water tank and use it. Where will you be going?

Poppa

Hey guys it is kinda like Flordia up here you have a cold day and 3 warmer day to follow most of the time

C Nash

Poppa, just wait a few more weeks and then watch the temp. Kind of planning on coming that way in Jan but, the Alaska bug is biting again :eek:

MDThayer

Hi Everybody, new to the forum and new to Rv'g. I sold my 5th wheel and have now purchased a 2000 MiniWinnie 24'. I am from Texas and not familiar with winterizing an RV. We are going skiing at Christmas and was thinking of taking it with us and leaving it in Denver and we will head on to Winterpark from there in our Sienna. Good/bad idea? What should we do with it to keep it safe from freezing? Also, all tips, tricks and hints are appreciated. Like I said, I know 5th wheels, but not RVs. I am looking forward to adventuring out and seeing national parks. This will be one of many questions to come. Thanks, Di