Winter & Summer Blend GAS?

DARLING

I have found some of the most smart & few smart alec people here. From how to fix my shades to bio diesel.

Last nite on the news they were talking about the $109. barrel fuel could not have come at the worst time as refineries are changing their blends from Winter to the more expensive to produce Summer blend gasoline.

I understand that there is a difference in Diesel for the winter, so it does not gel up from the cold, but gasoline :question: :question:

Waiting for everyone's help, as rising fuel prices effect us all.
Thanks
Darlin :cool:

DL Rupper

Re: Winter & Summer Blend GAS?

Many States/Cities require different blends of gasoline due to their clean air requirements. Altitude, temperature and humidity drive different requirements. Some of us think that if they just required 2 or 3 different blengs across the US it would help stabilize the price of gasoline at a lower level and make refining it cheaper and easier.

elkhartjim

Hey Tex...I'm one of the good guys. I helped her fix her shade. Na, Na, boo, boo.

utmtman

Well in some areas in Utah they USED to change the gas to ethanol during the winter. Until some one got a bunch of people together and sued that county because it made their cars run crappy and break down. Also they found that during the winter their gas sales dropped by 50% so it was a win win to stop doing it.

DARLING

NOt you Paul.. There are those that talk poo, garbage, trash. and other stuff not worth repeating.
Darlin :cool:

elkhartjim

I told how to fix her shade and you're (tex) the one she's sweetr too. Call my feelings hurt.