Winterizing 94 Gulfstream Sunsport

skeeter5

On '94 Sunsport Class A, I'm searching for the low-point drain valves. I found the fresh water tank drain valve hidden behind a drawer in the bedroom, but nothing in the area of the galley. Can someone help? Thanks.

akjimny

I don't know for sure about your Sunsport but you may not have any low point drains. My first RV (travel trailer) didn't have any. I just drained the water tank, blew the lines clear, pumped in antifreeze and then blew it out too. Never had any problems stroring the trailer all winter long in Alaska.:):)

skeeter5

Jim,

Thanks for that information and opinion. Your supposition that the RV may not have low-point drains confirms my suspicion. I wish the Gulfstream manual wouldn't instruct one to drain the lines when there are no drains. I did do the air blow out and pump in antifreeze. And speaking of anti-freeze, I'll bet you're in Florida now.

H2H1

Skeeter you might want to PM Ken at Grand View Trailers. I think he sales he Gulf streams, I be he can up you on your questions.

akjimny

Skeeter - Yeah, we're in Florida now. If you caught the national news you'd have heard about our record setting low temps we've had the last couple of days. That's why I drained the tank, opened the low point drains and blew air thru the lines. Didn't put in any antifreeze but I think (hope) I'll be okay with what I did.:):)