Winterizing your RV. Warning about poor RV antifreeze

I wish to warn users about this particular product, the label says minus 50, but it's minus 15 outside and the jug of antifreeze is frozen solid. I certainly hope I don't have issues in the spring with plumbing.

Attachments

Last edited:
we use an rv and marine and we've owned several campers and haven't noticed any issues in plumbing
I don't know what brand you use, or where you live or what your low temperatures are. but what I said about that particular brand that it's rated for minus 50 and the temps have been nowhere near that cold and the stuff is frozen solid, the whole jug. I am only trying to warn people about that brand. Use it at your own risk.

I have seen it freeze but just be slushy not hard froze[/QUOT
I don't know what brand you use, or where you live or what your low temperatures are. but what I said about that particular brand that it's rated for minus 50 and the temps have been nowhere near that cold and the stuff is frozen solid, the whole jug. I am only trying to warn people about that brand. Use it at your own risk.

C Nash

I live in Alabama and weather is seldom in teens. I think it had gone down in single digets when the antifreez got slushey in the gallon container. I had left it out side exposed because I had heard it would do that