Winterizing your RV. Warning about poor RV antifreeze

KKDESIGN

I wish to warn users about this particular product, the label says minus 50, but it's minus 15 outside and the jug of antifreeze is frozen solid. I certainly hope I don't have issues in the spring with plumbing.

Attachments

• RVAF.jpg
    RVAF.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Steph

we use an rv and marine and we've owned several campers and haven't noticed any issues in plumbing

KKDESIGN

we use an rv and marine and we've owned several campers and haven't noticed any issues in plumbing
I don't know what brand you use, or where you live or what your low temperatures are. but what I said about that particular brand that it's rated for minus 50 and the temps have been nowhere near that cold and the stuff is frozen solid, the whole jug. I am only trying to warn people about that brand. Use it at your own risk.

KKDESIGN

I have seen it freeze but just be slushy not hard froze[/QUOT
I don't know what brand you use, or where you live or what your low temperatures are. but what I said about that particular brand that it's rated for minus 50 and the temps have been nowhere near that cold and the stuff is frozen solid, the whole jug. I am only trying to warn people about that brand. Use it at your own risk.

C Nash

I live in Alabama and weather is seldom in teens. I think it had gone down in single digets when the antifreez got slushey in the gallon container. I had left it out side exposed because I had heard it would do that

KKDESIGN

I don't know where most of you live or what temps you get, but -15 is a warm winter day here. -40 is not uncommon, so the comments by warm weather residents about slushy are kind of irrelevant, the stuff was not "slushy" It was frozen "SOLID" at -15.

C Nash

I see your original post was 2017. Did you have and damage? Maybe it freezes and dont expand but i have see whete it says 50 below i grnerally blow my lines here now but seldow have extended hard freeze here.

Philipclopez

I always use RecPro antifreeze to protect motorhome's water system throughout the year. I chose to buy online because the cost is a lot lower than buying from my local RV dealer.

Last edited by a moderator: