Winterweather Rigs

MDThayer

Hi All,
I usually post in the Class C, thought I would change it up a bit. I am going to New Mexico at a week. All my tanks are exposed. I was going to purchase an RV Holding Tank Heater. Basically, a heating pad for my tanks. Anyone ever used one? Anyone have a suggestion. I was told to just use the "pink stuff" in the tank but it will become diluted when water is added to the tank.

Thanks, Diane
2000 Minnie Winnabago
2 Kayaks
1 Golden Retriever :)

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Winterweather Rigs

You are correct that anti freeze will dilute. Heating pads will work as long as you have the batter power to run them. Don't forget they are there and run your batteries down.

MDThayer

RE: Winterweather Rigs

Even while I am driving will it drain my battery? Once I am at the campsite I can plug them into an outlet. They are AC/DC plugs.

Thanks, Diane
2000 Minnie Winnabago
2 Kayaks
1 Golden Retriever

Kirk

Your battery should stay up when you are traveling as the coach battery does charge from the chassis alternator. The same should be true any time that you are connected to shore power, since the converter will supply the power.

Grandview Trailer Sa

I agree, while you are traveling, your battery will stay up. IF you stop overnight somewhere, like a rest area your battery can run down. What I was attemting to say is "be aware".