Wiper Blades

JimE

Good morning everyone! I have a wiper blade question that I was hoping you all could help with. I am getting ready to head out hunting in West Texas once again and the weather looks like it might get a little dicy. To prepare, I need to change the drivers side wiper blade and was wondering if I can just use an automobile bracket and blade or if I need to get a heavier duty model. My other alternative is to just buy the replacement rubber blade and keep the old bracket. I appreciate any input you might have.

C Nash

Re: Wiper Blades

Jim I just use the replace rubber blade which I get from wally world and so far they have worked fine. Cheaper and may not last as long but easy to find from wally worlds. Local auto, truck parts should have them.

ErnieEkberg

one way to keep your wiper blades in good shape- put a tennis ball between the blade arm and the windshield. keeps the rubber from forming to one side. of course, remove the tennis balls when you travel. I know our coach sits for long periods of time and this helps

G

RE: Wiper Blades

another good way to protect u'r blades completely ,, without taking them off ,, is by using the foam pipe insulation ,,, cut it a little bigger than u'r blades ,, and slide it on ,,, keeps the sun off and also keeps the blades ready for use .. :)

H2H1

Hey Jim I use the foam insulated pipe as Rod has suggested plus I put plastic cups under the wiper to keep the pressure off the insulation and the blades. You can get a 4' foam pipe at WALL Mart. This works great and is easy to put on and off. Good luck

G

well now Hollis ,, i need my royalty ck for the idea :laugh:

H2H1

Sorry Rod, although I do get some great help and ideas from you, I got this idea from someone else. But not to leave U out I will send U your royalty check as soon as I get my ck.from PE Obama.

G

ok :dead: :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: :evil: :clown: