Wipers Quit Working

I was driving down the highway and it started to rain and I turned my wipers on and about 5 minutes latter they stopped but not in park but to the left side and all of a sudden I started smelling something burning so I pulled off the highway and shut everything off and started checking it over and could not find or see anything wrong. I checked the wiper fuse and it was good. The wiper motor has about 5 wires going to it and on of them is hot weather the wipers are turned on or not but I do not get any voltage out of any of the other ones when I turn them on, makes no sense to me. It is a 2010 Gulf Stream class A Ford chassis
Any thoughts?
Thanks, Barney

Triple E;74519 said:
Are you checking from each one of those wires to a known ground with the wipers turned on?
Yes I am. I did some checking on the web today and I wonder if it burnt up the windshield wiper switch? I think the one wire that has power all the time is the park wire because they did return to park.
A 30 amp fuse is kind of big for I would think.

H2H1

a 30amp fuse for a wiper motor, wow I also think that is over fused. I would think someone before you had a problem and did that. I would hope that the manufactory did not do that.

G

do u have the multifuntion switch on u'r mh like most fords do ,, where it is the wiper ,, the high beams the turn signals?? if so ,, i would bet ,, that multifunctions switch is bad ,, i have seen it alot ,, but not saying that is what it is ,, on most ford mh's i would ck the brass ground tab on the wiper motor ,, and make sure it is clean ,, not just the brass ,,, but also the metal it attaches to

Yes, all grounds good. I am the first owner. The Ford manual calls for a 30amp fuse. I still can not get over the burnt smell when it first happened. Something has to be burnt somewhere. I guess I should start taking the colum apart to find the swith.
All in one lever, wipers, turn signals, high/low beams on the left side of the colum.
I have no voltage going to the motor so it has to be before the motor:(
Thanks for all the replys!!

Triple E

Are the wipers mounted above the window or below the window? Are you able to jump, by pass the switch, a hot lead directly to the motor to see if it will work? Also is this a Ford chassis? With the burning smell it might mean you will have to replace the motor and/or the control module.

Please let us know what you find.