Wood rot in the floor

Edwin Smith

Discovered this on the last trip a few weeks ago. Its around the bathroom sink, toilet, tub area. I'll be removing all the stuff in the bathroom and taking out a couple of walls to get at all of it. Will be repairing the floor with wolmanized ply. Anybody have any tips and things to look out for?
Edwin

PS- Any RVs made out of wolmanized wood instead of cheap junk that rots with sweat?

Kirk

Wood rot in the floor

First, be sure to find the cause of the problem. It would sound that the reason is probably a leak in the plumbing. But it is very important that you know that the problem has been corrected before you start the project. I have never heard of rot due to just the sweating of the interior. Look for signs of a leak.

Edwin Smith

Wood rot in the floor

Heh, Heh, The sweating comment was just a wise crack. I'm positive there's a leak in there somewhere. It's an 8 year old travel trailer bought from a friend. I now know that if you have mildew on the floor that cant be cleaned off, it probably has wood rot underneith. The leak must be hidden. Everything is coming out to get to the floor so finding it shouldnt be a problem and I'll replace all the plumbing anyway. Just wanted to know if there is any trick to attaching the flooring to the trailer frame or is it pretty straight forward.
Edwin