work and full timing

tjvpga

My Wife and I are about ready to go full time. Does anyone have any advice about work on the road. By that I mean, temp work or campsite employment? Any comments would help. Thanks

charcaramia

work and full timing

Hello,
I am new to the entire R.V. scene, and therefore know about zero about it! Haven't even bought an R.V. yet. But I have been searching every R.V.ers site that I can find, both in search of an R.V. and ALL other pertinent information. I did happen across a great site that has a wealth of information about your question. Here it is and I hope it has all the information you'll need. :)
http://www.workamper.com/WorkamperNews/WNIndex.cfm

janicenlarry

work and full timing

Not everything is as it appears in Workamper. There are a lot of jobs listed however be very sure (and in writing) of the terms and conditions of your employment. Since so many RVers are willing to work for min. wage or less, there is a lot of explotation by some of these listed employers. :dead:

Kirk

work and full timing

While I have now way to know what Larry's problem with the Workamper News is, I can assure you that we have been using them as the primary source of leads for volunteer positions for the past 4 1/2 years of fulltime RV living. We have now completed 15 different volunteer positions in parks, wildlife refuges, and many other public agencies, in return for a free campsite and utilities as well as other benefits that vary from place to place. The magazine Workamper News is by far the best source of leads and they have even more ads for paid positions in commercial parks and such. They do exactly what the claim to do, and they do it very well. If you wish to find either volunteer or paid positions, they are as good as it gets.

tjvpga

work and full timing

Kirk,
Your web site is great. The only question I had from reading was how did your Rv hold up? any problems? Your advise is well taken. Thank you.

Kirk

work and full timing

tjvpga,
Thanks for the kind remarks. As to the motorhome, we are still on the road in it, and no major problems. As with all RVs it has not been trouble free, but reasonable. We have had two plumbing repairs for bad fittings, a starter replaced and recently an auxillery start solenoid, a pinion seal replaced and the usualy maintenance. The only recurring problem that I would lay to a quality issue has been that the front cap seems to be a bit sensitive to leaks in the joint between the edge of the cap and the body, such that a small amount of water can leak into the RV by followint the seam into the front window frame and through the frame to the interior. Cruise Master does seal the edges of the laminated wals around the window openings so that moisture can not get into the walls via the window openings, so it has not cause a problem, but I do seem to have to replace the caulk along that joint much more often than should be. I seem to need to recaulk that area nearly every year. All other items have been very minor and easily corrected.

When you live in an RV fulltime it is to be expected that there will be maintenance issues.