Would you look what came our way today!!

H2H1

Re: Would you look what came our way today!!

well I keep them at home, them bears love grits, so I sow inthe area around the pool.

C Nash

Guess we better not let Steve know to much about planting grits :eek: Hate for him to grow bigger ones than we do :laugh: . Panthers keep the bears away over here :bleh:

Triple E

I bought my first car by picking Grits. That's before I knew what a Grit was. :bleh:

C Nash

Aw Steve we know the grit you sold was the newspaper version. We dont eat that down here. That paper sold for 10 cents when I sold them. All I could buy with my profit was a gallon of gas for my BSA bike and gas was only 15 cent a gal :eek:

Triple E

You had a BSA????? :eek: What did you do with it. Man you must have been a rich kid.

By the way. The picture here on the left. That area is still one big sheet of ice. My garden will be ready for planting sometime in May.

C Nash

Nope on the rich Steve. Put out soda, chopped cotton, sold pigs and worked on a few log trucks when I was 15 to give my uncle 75.00 for a 125 BSA scrambler. Super little bike. Rode it a long time. Wish I still had it. 1952 BSA Scrambler. Was hard to find parts for so finally traded it for a 150 Harley and that thing was junk. The BSA would run circles around it especially on dirt rds

Triple E

BSA was the first bike I ever sat on. Belong to my Uncle. Great memories. $75.00 is what I paid for my first car, 1952 Ford. Picked Corn and Hops. Blew all of my money on a Ford. :( And I still have not learned. My current PU is a Ford. :laugh:

C Nash

My first car was a 49 Ford 2 door v8. Bought it from my dad when I was 17 on time. Got the keys when I made him the last payment. Wish I still had it. Lowered in back fender skirts dual pipes and twin rear antennas. This was in 57

akjimny

Has anybody heard if Rod has come out of hibernation yet? Or is he still curled up in an electric blanket, sitting next to the fireplace?? :laugh: :eek: :eek: :laugh:

My first bike was a 1949 Harley pan head. Paid $50.00 for it. Suicide clutch and tank shift. Kept it for six months then sold it after I cracked the transmission case. Oh well!!

G

WHAT ???? did i see that right ,, Ken said he would take an 80 degree day :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ,, now he is talking my weather ,, but to me that is still long sleeve weather ,, now upper 80's mid 90's ,, more like it for me ,, but the nights have to be no less then 70's ,, other wise the heater comes back on in the house ,, but i know i have no meat on my bones ,, and i guess that is why i can handle the 100 degree weather and not the cold ,, below 70 :eek: :laugh: :( :approve: :approve: :approve:

H2H1

Rod is doing OK still working on the Classs C, this warm weather is making feel better