Wow it is cold here!

cwishert

It was below freezing for more than 4 hours here where I live. Come on now, you all keep your cold weather up there where it belongs.:laugh: Rod, don't come to Texas for a while.:clown: Of course it is Texas and it will be in the 60's this afternoon and by the weekend almost 80. But still it usually is in the 50's to the 80's this time of year. It is really making me start to wonder what God has in store for us. 19 named hurricanes and not one threatened the Gulf.:eek: Freezing, tornadoes, heat waves, all in places they shouldn't be.:eek: All I can say is if you come to this part of the country be prepared for all seasons!:laugh:

cwishert

Re: Wow it is cold here!

Ok, I don't know why my emoticons didn't work but here they are in order of where I put them.:laugh: :clown: :eek: :eek: :laugh:

akjimny

80's yesterday and really humid - - 60's today with a light NW breeze. Supposed to get down into the upper 40's tonight. No sweat - my kind of weather :laugh: :laugh:

Triple E

I plowed snow for 2.5 hours this morning. I already have over 8 hours of plowing just since Saturday. We have around 25" and by morning we should have over 30.

And I have always wondered why people go South for the Winter. :laugh: :approve: :dead: :disapprove:

cwishert

Steve I like to look at the snow on TV not at my house. So far no snow yet and I don't expect any but you never know. I can't figure out why anyone would want to go North except to vacation in the summer! :eek: Just kidding! I know different people adapt to different climates. But isn't 30 inches of snow a little much. Don't you worry about like your roof coming down or something, or being stuck inside for a long time, or flooding when it melts? I would probably have an anxiety attack at about 15 inches and they would find me inside dead because I worried myself to death! :dead: :evil: And Jim I'm guessing you are in Florida at this time. I would love to be there. My sister is there and I would love just to go stay with her all winter and then come back home in the summer. I did go there last January and it was cold. :angry: :( 40 degrees for 4 days. That was a bummer. She said it is usually never like that. :( So like I said crazy weather is making me think. :eek:

C Nash

Steve you said you "plowed" the snow. Down south when we plow we are going to plant something. :laugh: What will you be planting :eek: :laugh: ;)

Triple E

C Nash - 12/1/2010 2:28 PM Steve you said you "plowed" the snow. Down south when we plow we are going to plant something. :laugh: What will you be planting :eek: :laugh: ;)

Heat tape Nash, lots of heat tape.

Blueeyes

Believe it or not, it got down to 27 degress in Mississippi last nite. I DON'T LIKE IT!!! Time for summer & waterskiing.

SnowbirdInFlight

It even got down to freezing in Rockport, Texas! Today has been pretty chilly too. Tonight is only suppose to be in the low forties, so we're firing up the electric blankets!

G

Deb ,, i am with u ,, bring on the warm weather for doing what u do and me at the beach :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

cwishert

Janeen, Rockport is so beautiful. I wish I could spend a few weeks there. Is the aquarium still there that was down at the end of some docks? I haven't been there since I was a kid but I love it. It will be chilly there for a few more days then some sun and then another cold front from what I hear. I only live about 100 miles from Rockport but we never go. Maybe next summer I will plan a trip to stay there a few days. If you get further up the coast for any reason, look me up. PM me and I will give you my address.

try2findus

Below freezing here in the deep south and we are bunddled up! I hate to say it, but if it is going to be THIS cold, LET IT SNOW!!! :cool:

SnowbirdInFlight

cwishert - 12/2/2010 8:33 AM Janeen, Rockport is so beautiful. I wish I could spend a few weeks there. Is the aquarium still there that was down at the end of some docks? I haven't been there since I was a kid but I love it. It will be chilly there for a few more days then some sun and then another cold front from what I hear. I only live about 100 miles from Rockport but we never go. Maybe next summer I will plan a trip to stay there a few days. If you get further up the coast for any reason, look me up. PM me and I will give you my address.

Yeah, we had been through here twice and stayed a week at a time and decided this year instead of going to Alamo or Weslaco (due to the trouble in Mexico, didn't want to be as close to the border) we would stay here. That way we get the Gulf too for fishing. We love it!

Yes, the aquarium is still here and we visited it this time. We've also been to the Big Tree, although we had seen it the last visit. Still have to see the Fulton Mansion. Lots to see and do and Port Aransas and Corpus Christi are close by for anything else needed.

Triple E

Carol and John, Last night sitting in my chair, half asleep, there was a BOOM and the whole house shook. Went outside to find the snow had slid off the RV garage. 22 feet high 40 feet wide with a 12 foot drop on one side and 18 feet on the other.

All I could do was smile. I was afraid the whole building came down. Now I only have to worry about the house. It is now 36 degrees out and I can hear water dripping down the rain spouts. :laugh:

H2H1

awwwww such a pleasure of living in snow country. Steve I am glad it all came down that way and not the other way, like in the middle :(

cwishert

See Steve that is what I am talking about. What if it had been your roof and it came inside your house? You would be a popsicle! :eek: I am glad it came off the RV garage and not through it. :eek: At least down here if it snows it is just a little annoying! If it rains we are usually in a drought anyway so it only helps. The floods are few and far between but none the less devastating when they happen. Hurricanes are really a bother when the occur but the really bad ones only happen every three or four years. Not counting 2005. So you see I would rather sweat down here 11 months out of the year than to worry about my house collapsing under 20 feet of snow anyday! :laugh:

@Janeen: If you are ever in Palacios, PM me or email me and maybe we can meet on the Pavillion and fish or something. Maybe a barbque by the seawall. If I get down to Rockport anytime soon I will pm you and let you know.

Triple E

C Nash - 12/1/2010 2:28 PM Steve you said you "plowed" the snow. Down south when we plow we are going to plant something. :laugh: What will you be planting :eek: :laugh: ;)

Hey Nash, we are using garden fertilizer,,,,,, to melt the ice,,,,,,on the side walk. :approve: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

Hey Len, Steve knows there is so much BULL up there , that they have plenty of fertilizer to go around. :laugh: :laugh: Steve, Nash made me to say it.