Yamaha EF2400iS

mpoetzsc

I'm considering purchasing the Yamaha 2400iS inverter generator. My major concer is will it start up and power my 13500 BTU roof top A/C unit from my 2006 travel trailer. Does anyone have experience and/or have you actually used this generator, the EF2400iS to power your A/C unit during hot weather. Thanks

hertig

Yamaha EF2400iS

I used the Honda EU3000 to power my old trailer. At first, it would not start the AC after the AC sat for a while, since the inverter circuitry could not handle the sudden surge requirement to start the compressor 'cold'. I installed an 'easy start kit' in the A/C, and did not have any problems since.

Perhaps the Yamaha doesn't have this problem (thermal cutout in the inverter circuitry too sensitive), or perhaps it is endemic with all inverter generators. There is one generator out there I've heard of which uses the starting battery to give an extra boost to what is being generated; perhaps this would be enought to do the trick.

s.harrington

Yamaha EF2400iS

If you have a newer A/C unit, It should only take around 12 amps to start and about 8-10 to run. Even your 2400 should handle that. We use the Yamaha 3000 in our rig. It hadles all we can throw at it.

mpoetzsc

Yamaha EF2400iS

Anyone have expereince with powering a DUO THERM unit with a generator. I called Dometic/Duotherem and they said the 13500 BTU unit needs at least a 3500 watt generator, with 30 amp start up power.

kg5388

Yamaha EF2400iS

check onan they have a new homesite power 6500 and 2400 portable genset that uses honda engines and seem to be reliable

Gil Math

Yamaha EF2400iS

I have a Yamaha 2800 and its quiet and runs my 13500 air cond. and microwave no problems. I got a good deal from Wise, no tax no freight.

Gil

Gil Math

Yamaha EF2400iS

I have a Yamaha 2800 and its quiet and runs my 13500 air cond. and microwave no problems. I got a good deal from Wise, no tax no freight.

Gil