1981 Prowler 19'

WandaLust

RE: 1981 Prowler 19'

gknuth - 1/27/2009 3:34 PM Hi all, I just found the site, and it looks pretty cool. I imagine I'll be spending some quality time here :) My wife and I want to get a camper since we now have a kid and tenting isn't really an option in the 100+ degree late summer days in Nebraska. I found a person selling a 1981 19' Prowler travel trailer that looks promising (don't want anything fancy in case we don't stick with it), but it appears that it has a fiberglass exterior. All photos I can find of Prowlers in that time frame are aluminum clad. Does anyone have any idea what it might be, then? I don't particularly care if it's fiberglass, but I do want to at least know what I'm buying. The only photos that the person could send me were from a cell phone - apparently they don't have a digital camera to take bigger photos with. I can post them if you think it'll help, but they were so nondescript I don't think they will. I haven't yet gone to see it because it's a couple hours away, although I plan to get check it out this weekend. Thanks in advance!

Let me suggest you shop around first before you buy. We had excellet luck on Craig's list. We bought 2 RVs from people advertising there and were happy with both. You also get a selection to go look at. Don't buy the first one you see in your excitement. Go look at them and compare prices people are asking. Compare what you're getting. Make sure there's no leaks and soft spots on the floor etc. It's a buyers market out there right now. Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for.
:)

WandaLust

Re: 1981 Prowler 19'

gknuth - 1/31/2009 6:30 PM Well, thanks for your help everyone. It was definitely not in good shape. In fact, I can't think of anything super nice about it. Old propane tanks, rotted out floor. Interior wasn't too bad, but there was a LOT of work that needed to be done, and I just didn't want to get into it. I think my price range just went up, but honestly, if I could've gotten the trailer for $300 I still probably wouldn't have bought it. Thanks again!

`````````````````````````````````
What a shame. :( I can tell you that anything we looked at for under $2500 to $3000 wasn't worth our gas. And we were looking for 16' max. We found our little 1981 Sunline but it did need a few things. Nothing costly. Keep your eye on Craig's list.