1997 Rockwood Freedom Tent Trailer light issue

RBStubbs

My Son just purchased a 1997 Rockwood Freedom model 1640 pop-up tent trailer and the 2 ceiling lights and outside door light do not work. When the trailer is plugged into electricity, the outlets work but the 3 lights do not. The bulbs were just replaced so we know that is not an issue.

We cannot see any breaker/switch anywhere that would 'turn' those lights on. Any suggestions?

C Nash

Re: 1997 Rockwood Freedom Tent Trailer light issue

The lights are probably 12 volt. Have you checked your battery? If the batt is charged you probably have a bad fuse, wire or connection problem. If the batt is dead ck your converter for output. Just guessing as I am not to familar with the pop up system

H2H1

sounds like Nash is right on this one

RBStubbs

Thanks for the responses. After I posted my question, I got to thnking that the outlets of course work off electricity and not off the battery. Therefore, the battery must be dead/bad. We were in the process of attempting to charge the battery but it was too far gone. Bought a new battery and the lights worked, imagine that.

cwishert

Sometimes the obvious is so hard to see! :eek: :laugh: Glad to hear problem is solved.