1999 Fourwinds Air bags

alkyinjected

I just purchased a set of Firestone rear air bags part number 2170,I have seen that some sites are saying they will not fit "Thor".Can anyone tell me if I have ordered the right air bags???
I have a 1999 Fourwinds Infinity 36ft v-10 ford on a f53 chassis class a
I just recently figured out that "thor " may have made my rv,so that is why the question came up
Thanks in advance,
Rich

G

RE: 1999 Fourwinds Air bags

well first off welcome to the forum .... now did u get the front or rear AB's ,, i put some on a ford chassis rv ,, but it was a FORD chassis ,, i don't see why they won't fit ,, or work ,, but i can tell u this ,, it's not just a bolt in and run type job ,, there are some mods that have to be made ,, brackets and such ,, but if u'r good at doing that u should be ok ,,, if u can make them work ,, and safely ,, go for it ,, but i would try to contact thor and see ,, if u really do have their chassis ,,, i know they build alot of class c mh ,,, but let us know back ;) ;) :approve: :approve: :) :) :)
Btw what type of racing do u do :question: :question: :question: :question:

C Nash

Re: 1999 Fourwinds Air bags

Rod how do you know alkyinjected means racing. Maybe he just drinks it himself. Just kidding Rich welcome to the forum and I tried to go to your website but it didn't work

alkyinjected

Thanks for the reply,The chassis is a Ford,f-53.evidently the issues where coming in with Thor,poss. due to cab itself??I have noticed already that the bolt holes that are supposed to already be there,are not in the frame as described....The kit is for the rear.I was able to contact ford and they did confirm that the chassis is ford f53 and the chassis was sent to Fourwinds,I will call them and see what they say,Funny you say they do not just bolt up as said,I wondered that myself.It seemed way to easy in the instructions..lol..
My wife and I drive for Campbells racing out of Knoxville Tn. She drives a 6 sec.Olds door car,I drive a 4.6 sec.Alky injected dragster..Hence the screen name....
Thanks again for your help,We are fairly new to the rv seen as we used to pull with a Freightliner but the kids out grew our trailer so we decided to give a motor-home a shot and we really have enjoyed it
Rich

C Nash

Sorry Rich i went back and saw that that is your email and not a web site. Like the Alkyinjected smell vehicles. Son has a alky injected chevette that the he races. Will run in the low 5s but he dials in in at 5.86. Great little car and different.

G

hey rich ,, do u live in TN u'r self ,,, Nash is also into the alkie drag stuff ,, as am i ,, ( i build them the son drives them ) if u do infact live in Knox ,, pm me ,, after u find out about u"r chassis ,,, i can install them for u ,, i am in TN also ;) :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
But i got to ask this ,, i hope these are 1/4 mile cars ,, mine runs a 9.60 regularly ,, but have run a 8.80 ONCE ,,, it's a 70 nova ss (well was) ,, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: