2004 Cardinal

royk

We have been looking at used 5th wheels for the last month hoping to buy soon. Yesterday I found a 2004 Cardinal 29TS on a dealers lot. Seems very nice and pretty clean. In the past we have been looking at one slide in the living area and one in the bedroom, is there any thing we should know about having 3 slides?
The dealer has given us a price, how much lower can we expect to counter with, or is it better to ask for additional options such as rain vents, new battery, sewer hose, awnings for the slideouts etc?
We are also looking for a pick-up, any recomendations? I am partial to Fords but have done some reading on this form, looks like it may not be my best choice. Hoping for much advice.

Thanks

Roy & Lorie Kohn
Auburn MI

Shadow

RE: 2004 Cardinal

You can do a serch on Forest River on this forum also. Like them Fords also but the 6.0 deisel had a lot of problems. That chevy with the allison transmission is something to look at.

rjf7g

Re: 2004 Cardinal

Roy and Lorie-
Welcome to the forum. Make sure your truck is robust enough to pull and stop your trailer and all of your gear.

C Nash

Slides are prone to leak so ck the flooring around the coners. Check all the seals and run the slides in and out and listen for unusally noise. Offer 4000.00 less and leave your ph number and go from there. They may already be at rock bottom. Do a NADA search on the rv for value. Leave the options off when cking NADA price

krsmitty

RE: 2004 Cardinal

Roy,

I picked up a 07 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.9 turbo diesel and I am totally pleased with it! Great gas mileage/performance. My Dad has had 3 F250's and a F350 and has loved them. A friend of mine has a GMC and he thinks they are great. So, it may be more of the luck of the draw. I would just make sure it is a diesel. After starting out with a gas vehicle and upgrading to the diesel it was one the best moves I have done.

We are in the process of looking for a used 5th wheeler ourselves.

C Nash

Ken, most of the time dealers will not add the options when giving prices on trade in so jjust using the bottom dollar figure is what I start with