2007 four winds hurricane battery control panel

schinghead

I am using this RV temporarily and was curious how to use the Battery Access control panel near the entry door. There are 2 switches to "connect or disconnect". 1 for cabin and 1 for chassis. (There is also a switch to activate the stairs which I understand.) What defines the cabin and what defines the chassis? I will be using this RV with no ac hook up and running the genetator. Is there a series of steps once I pull into my spot and shut the engine off?

G

RE: 2007 four winds hurricane battery control panel

well welcome first off ,, and as for the switches ,, since u are dry camping (no hookups ) i would leave the cabin battery swtich on ,, switch the chassis battery to dissconnect ,, the cabin batt is for what u live in ,, most call it the house batt ,, the chassis batt ,, is what the engine uses to start ,, and since most MH's do not charge the chassis battery while running on the genset ,, i would shut it down to keep it from going dead from any parasitic drains the coach might have ,, but there are ways to charge both when on shore power or genset ,, but it requires some wiring to be done ,, but i hope this will help u out a little ..
And as for the shut down of the engine ,, just shut it off ,, start the genset ,, and go on with life ,, it should take care of it self ,, but make sure u have a full tank of fuel ,, the genset is made to shut down when u get to 1/4 tank of fuel ,, that way u have enough to go and get more fuel ,, other than that enjoy u'r time out
:approve: :approve: :cool: :) :)

schinghead

Thank you for the great explanation. Leaving Thursday for some camping and IRL racing. Just curious, where can I get one of those drinks with no bottom?!!!!!

G

wish i knew ,, still looking for one :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: