2008 Rockwood

webbsplace

Re: 2008 Rockwood

Triple E - 7/27/2010 2:54 PM

A long time. What happen? I hope it is not water damage. :(

It started in the kitchen area and is working into the living area. Just pure spongie. Weak.

We had another issue and had a tech here and I had him look at it. He pulled up the heat vent and put his nose between the linolinum and wood and said it is virgin wood there. Also said if we had water damage the lino would show signs of discoloration.

I have been told it is because we are full time in it.

Ruth

webbsplace

C Nash - 7/27/2010 3:24 PM

Are you talking about the floor itself or the carpet, linolium?

The floor!! It is like walking on sponges. Getting softer as more time goes on.

Thanks,
Ruth

Grandview Trailer Sa

I will stick my neck out.....knowing Forest River...Rockwood....I would expect you DO have water leaks and the floor needs looking at by someone who knows what they are looking at.

C Nash

Sounds as though it has had a leak. If it's getting softer it is wet JMO

webbsplace

Thanks to both of youl We will not get another product by Forest River. Didn't want to get ugly, but they find every excuse that issues are not theit fault. Wouldn't we see signs of water leat in the cabinets. and wet carpet.??

We love being a full time rver

Thanks,
Ruth

webbsplace

Grandview Trailer Sa - 7/28/2010 9:34 PM

I will stick my neck out.....knowing Forest River...Rockwood....I would expect you DO have water leaks and the floor needs looking at by someone who knows what they are looking at.

So Rockwoods are known for their leaks??

C Nash

Ruth, most all makes are prone for water leaks. The constant twisting and rough roads would make a 400k stick built home fall apart. You may are may not see signs of leaks in cabinets and carpet. If there is carpet where the floor is soft I would think it would be wet. Is it only the dealer that is giving the advice? Get a second opinion. Some of the lightweigh rvs have to skimp somewhere to lose weight and maybe the floor does not have the necessary bracing or thickness. Very few rvs are made for fulltiming.