3 feet of snow on the roof

whardi001

i have a 1995 fleetwood 30ft jamboree . new roof 3 years ago . rubber . we had 2 big snow storms bac to back . total 40 inches . part of me wants to get up there and get that snow off . the other part of me says its dangerous job and i might damage the roof when shoveling . im wondering how much snow will a good roof hold . thanks for any feedback

C Nash

Re: 3 feet of snow on the roof

Wallace, I don't think you will have any damage from the snow load on the roof. Probably more danger of you slipping and falling whil clearing of the snow :eek: . Just let it melt JMO if you are not planning on using it. If in one spot and staying in it, it;s just extra insulation. :laugh:

H2H1

Wallace I agree with Nash your roof will be find. there could be more damage to you if you got up there and fell off, or ripped a hole in the new roof. I would just let it melt and go away on it's on.

whardi001

thanks . too much ice. im going to let the sun take care of it. 40s today and sunny

whardi001

think ill let the sun take care of it for me . thanks for input on leaf springs too . its not going to be to big of a job

Triple E

I have been thinking about for a while and think I should put in my 2 bits. In my area, three feet get it off. Three feet on snow is heavy. The more moisture the snow has the heavier it gets. Rod know more about the weight the roof and the walls can take then I do so he may be right. Can you hire some kid to at least take two feet off or can you get into your TT and turn the heater on and up. I have seen the damage that 3+ feet of snow can do. JMHO. ;)

:8ball:

superslif

RE: 3 feet of snow on the roof

Back in 08' we had about 2'+ on the roof. I was worried that the forecast was calling for a warm up with a bunch of rain. I was thinking the rain would cause the snow to become super heavy. So I got on the roof and carefully shoveled off the roof, without touching the shovel to the rubber roofing material. Picture of this