5000miles

5000miles

Hi everybody!

It sounds like a crazy idea, and maybe it is...a little. In June, my partner and I will be embarking on a journey from Anchorage, Alaska to Key West, Florida, over 5000 miles. This wouldn't seem so strange except that he will be running the 5000 miles (50 miles a day for 100 days) and I will be making a documentary about his endurance run.

But, we need help! We are looking for sponsors and donators...we need an RV or we will be sleeping and working in the back of my mini-van!

So, consider an RV donation or sponsorship. Do you have an RV lying around that we could borrow for a few months? Do you have the urge to "pay it forward"? Can you help us out?

What we are looking for:
- an RV in perfect working order (not a trailer or pop-up)
- tips/pointers/general "hey, did you think of this?" or "try to call this company, etc" information

Most RV manufacturers are bombarded by calls for donations and sponsorships, so we are looking to you to help us!

Thank you!
5000 Miles
Kristi and Josh

P.S. For your sense of adventure and exploration, stay present and positive!

H2H1

Re: 5000miles

BEST OF LUCK ON THAT ONE. I personally want let even my brother use mine, much less a stranger . And I think most owners fill the same way, reason is we have a lot invested in them and consider them our second home. I do wish you well on your venture , we are coming to Alaska next fall, I hope if nothing goes wrong.

SnowbirdInFlight

RE: 5000miles

5000miles - 12/8/2009 10:40 AM Hi everybody! It sounds like a crazy idea, and maybe it is...a little. In June, my partner and I will be embarking on a journey from Anchorage, Alaska to Key West, Florida, over 5000 miles. This wouldn't seem so strange except that he will be running the 5000 miles (50 miles a day for 100 days) and I will be making a documentary about his endurance run. But, we need help! We are looking for sponsors and donators...we need an RV or we will be sleeping and working in the back of my mini-van! So, consider an RV donation or sponsorship. Do you have an RV lying around that we could borrow for a few months? Do you have the urge to "pay it forward"? Can you help us out? What we are looking for: - an RV in perfect working order (not a trailer or pop-up) - tips/pointers/general "hey, did you think of this?" or "try to call this company, etc" information Most RV manufacturers are bombarded by calls for donations and sponsorships, so we are looking to you to help us! Thank you! 5000 Miles Kristi and Josh P.S. For your sense of adventure and exploration, stay present and positive!

OMG! You have got to be kidding! :eek: Are you going to let the person that 'loans' you their 'perfectly working' RV live in your home in Alaska while you are on this 100 day trip? Seems only fair to me. ;)

H2H1

good point SnowbirdinFlight, Wished I had thought of asking that question, since we are planning a cruise Alaska trip later in 2010

LEN

So YOU want to run from Alaska to Florida, good!!!! Do it, but pay for it yourself. I want to hunt every state in the union. Anyone want to sponsor me a room board and hunting permits would be nice too. AH a place to hunt on a large ranch with only me there plus guide would go well to. I will photo the whole process and maybe make a better retirement pay as well. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh does anyone work for what THEY WANT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!

Holy moly maybe there's a government grant----Tax free of course.

LEN

TexasClodhopper

Sounds a lot like those guys standing at the corner with the cardboard sign with crayon writing on it.

Do you really know where they put all that money? I bet I have a good idea! :clown:

DL Rupper

That's a good laugh. You can use my RV. Oh gee I forgot I sold it last month. :bleh:

big bilko

I am looking for a second rv for my lady to follow me around Australia so we can sleep without snoring problems. (She says its me and I say its her.) I would like a large RV with slides and gas money included.It would also help if you could provide meals and a allowance for entertainment E.T.C. I would presume that all alcohol would be provided as well.I can take small photos on my mobile phone and would be happy to send them on to my benefactor. If 2 or more people reply we could work out a larger sponsorship deal.$$$$$$$We are ready to go as soon as your check arrives. Regards from down under..BIG BILKO :evil: :evil: :evil:

CharlieS

Bilko..

Snoring seems to be amplified in our RV. I am also convinced it is the wife.

I've never been to Melbourne, but used to make regular business trips to Sydney, Canberra, and Alice Springs. I climbed Ayers Rock once when they still allowed it. I haven't been there in a few years and now that I am retired may never make it back.

Sydney was my favorite by far... It is a beautiful city.

-------------
For 5000miles (Kristi and Josh)....

I was wondering how you can afford to take 100 days off work for this trip? Uhh, you do work don't you?

LEN

Was on a two month down under two years ago,started at Melbourne then to NZ south island then north, Caines(sp) and then down the coast to Sydney and the flight home. What two wonderful countries to visit. Would like to get back again someday but this old world has so many places to visit and my time is on the down as I age. Did 12000 K on the wrong side of the road with no problems but I would not recommend learning to drive there in Melbourne, too many really strange traffic rules just in that city, although it does have avery good mass transit system that even a yank can learn LOL.

LEN

LEN

cwishert

I don't just need the extra RV I need a driver also. No wait two drivers. One for the extra RV and one so me and hubby can ride together and have our beverages and then when it comes time to sleep we get our own RV's due to the snoring of course, which is usually the man no matter what they say! :bleh: :eek: Of course there is the gas money and the food money and the gambling money and then of course the drivers have to have somewhere else to sleep because they're not sleeping with me or my hubby. I couldn't run a 1000 yards much less 5000 miles but I could make a documentary about riding in an RV and living the life of luxury on someone elses dime! Who wants to sponsor me? We could make big money from the networks! Get comercial deals! We'll advertise everything from RV's to Rest Areas, from Beer to Bed's, Clothes, Shoes, Whatever! We could make a fortune. Who's in???? :eek: :laugh: :clown: OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bleh:

C Nash

I have a rv and would be glad for someone to just furnish the gas for another trip back to Alaska :laugh: