A/C units

krsmitty

In pop-ups and smaller TT's the A/C units are usually the non-ducted type where the fan runs all the time and the compressor cycles off and on. Was wondering if anyone knows of any way to convert these type to run like the ducted type, where the fan quits running when the compressor does?

Was thinking maybe could wire it to a relay of some sort controlled by a thermostat.

akjimny

Re: A/C units

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to wire in a thermostat, Ken. Might take a little shade tree engineering. :) :)

H2H1

I would guess it would depend on the unit. If it can be wired for a thermostat then it can be done, but someone with low voltage knowledge and some one with 120 v knowledge could do it. I would goggle the unit or call the manuf. and supply the serial # and they can tell you if it is possible. But that is a good question and I bet a lot of other rvers would like to know the answer to the question.. Good luck

G

yea i would to Hollis ,, but one thing ,, why do u want to do that ,, it can be done ,, and pretty easy also ,, i have the same type setup in my MH ,, and when we do run the a/c (not very offen) it does not bother us for the fan to run ,, helps to circulate good old fresh air ,, what type unit do u have ?? and how easy can u run the wiring for the stat ,, that is the biggy ,, the ones that i have done ,, i did not worry about the ease to run the wiring ,, just take down the inside ceiling and pull the wires ,, and if u have a dometic ,, u can get a board for them to make them do this ,, but u have to pull the unit off and send it to them for the mods ,, it gets pricy ,, but nothing a few thousand can't fix ,, IMO and that is just for the parts and shipping ,, rv tech labor will run about twice that :approve: :approve: :approve: