air compressor

dastout

My dutchstar air compressor runs between 120& 130 psi , my question is can i hook up a air hose with a quick disconnect fitting to the fitting where the system would be pressurized to tow and use this to inflate the tires to 95 psi??

Seems reasonable to me , tire inflation is important & this would make it easy, especially when in a campground. Thanks folks :) :cool:

LEN

Re: air compressor

Look around the bays, air dryer, genset bay, you may have one already. Many pushers have this already installed. And yes you can fill tires. If you can't get to 95# step on the air brakes a few times to get the compressor to cycle and bring the # up.

LEN

vanole

Re: air compressor

dastout,
Like Len said it is possible. Not sure what bay it would be in on a Newmar but both Monaco products I have owned it was the forward left most compartment. The fitting was marked and capped all you needed was the hose. Hopefully you have easy to reach stems on the duals. I changed out the flex hose wire braided extensions I had attached to metal stems this past spring, with longer metal stems and extensions installed at a local truck tire dealer here in Va and am extremely happy with that set up. I will admit I never had a problem with the flex hose extensions just read too often that they let go and leaked but never happenned to me in 8 years. New arrangement made it much easier to install the TPMS I use.

v/r
Jeff
GO NAVY