Allison MT643

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by pklc, Aug 13, 2006.

1. pklc

pklc New Member

I work on a fleet of Tractors with MT 643 Transmission, have a few problems like jamming in reverse or loosing reverse. To have them repaired I have to send them to another country. Is it posible to repair these transmissions in a general workshop and where would one get a course of some sort, hope some one can help.

2. dbarton291

dbarton291 Senior Member

RE: Allison MT643

Send them to another country? Where are you? There is a service locator at www.alllisontransmission.com to help you find authorized service outlets. There's also many independent transmission shops that build them. They're actually quite simple inside. They look like a big turbo 400 with the drive hubs between forward and fourth clutches reversed.

3. pklc

pklc New Member

Thanks for your response, I live in Zambia in Central Africa. I send transmissions that need repair to South Africa, (2 Countries away). The frustrating thing is that after putting a recon transmission in, something can go wrong after 6 months, and that means send it all the way back to South Africa. I will probably try and find some place in the United States to do a short coarse on them, would apreciate any suggestions.

4. pklc

pklc New Member

Thanks for your response, I live in Zambia in Central Africa. I send transmissions that need repair to South Africa, (2 Countries away). The frustrating thing is that after putting a recon transmission in, something can go wrong after 6 months, and that means send it all the way back to South Africa. I will probably try and find some place in the United States to do a short coarse on them, would apreciate any suggestions.

5. dbarton291

dbarton291 Senior Member

Re: Allison MT643

Well no wonder. Go to www.allisontransmission.com and use the service locator to find Allison distributors and dealers. The distributors have training centers and most still teach the MT643.