Allison Tran Problem

briggsey1

briggsey1
I am having a problem with my Allison trans and would like some help. I know next to nothing about these things.I have a 2002 Bounder with a 300 ISB Cummins and I believe a 3000 6spd trans. Here is my problem I recently moved to a new park and I believe I inadvertently turned the enigine off with the trans in reverse. Now the engine will not turn over and when the key is turned on the shift pad does not light up. The check transmission light is on, and the warning bell is going off. We have tried disconnecting the chasis batteries for at least 1/2 hour. and have replaced the 10 amp fuses in the box next to the TCM. We have also replaced the 4 relays in that box. Also, one of the chasis batteries was weak (reading 2.5 volts) so we replaced both batteries. We have battery power to the TCM and to the wiring connector under the shift pad. We have also checked the ground to the batteries. I probably need to mention that the rear wheels are off the ground. (We were in a temp space until our actual space was ready). When I went to move to the new space this happened. I drove it 25 miles before parking it and everything semmed fine. Someone said that the trans is hung up and needs to be "jumped", I don't know what this means and if it's a possible answer could someone explain to me how it is done. If anyone has any thoughts, ideas, solutions, or SWAGs I would appreciate the help.

Thanks
briggsey1

dbarton291

Re: Allison Tran Problem

Check out reply in Allison Transmission questions thread. That should at least get you a direction to go with this one.