Another Fridge Item

Paul235

Ok Guys, How does everyone travel on the road, fridge on gas or off and hope for the best. My fridge has intermittent problems staying lit and the electronics just show an error. Should they all stay lit while rolling? I know my two previous rigs stayed lit but this doesn't like to. Any potential for damage to the burner or igniter while it tries to reestablish a flame?

C Nash

Re: Another Fridge Item

paul, i have no trouble with mine while traveling but there are different opinions if you should. There is a danger involved while fueling so it should be turned off then. Maybe yours has a wind deflector missing or you might need to make one. Another option is to put frozen blue ice in while traveling. If they are not opened and cold before starting they will hold ok for short trips JMO.

Grandview Trailer Sa

I travel with my gas on, but I know a lot don't. NOW if you have a Norcold refer and it fails to start, I think 5 times, the circuit board locks out and you have to get it reset.

Paul235

My coach has a Dometic and what complicates matters is the fact that we store it away from home. When preparing for a trip, it is parked on a fairly steep angle in the driveway so I don't run the fridge until its backed out onto the street. I try to remain as unobtrusive as possible for better neighbor relations. We have a small minority of people in town that would like to see RV's, boats, jetski's, trailers, etc banned from public view (don't get me started). So the fridge never gets a chance to precool overnight before leaving. The manual implies that the fridge can be operated while underway so I guess some detective work needs to be done. Thanks for responding.

hamdave

RE: Another Fridge Item

It should stay on just fine. You should check behind the cover and make sure the little flap is closed near the burner. Sometimes there is just two much 'draft' as you go down the road, and can put the burner off. The little 'red' light simply means that has happened and there is no temp. Also could be the temp sensor may need replacing.

cheers