Any Troubles with Trail Bay R-Vision

MichaelL

We own a 2002 Trail Bay by R-Vision. We bought back last February 2002 and it has spent 4 of the 12 months we have owned it back at the dealership being worked own due to slide room problems. Our slide would go out OK but would hang up and fail to retract back in. They tried everything from 2 drive motors to floor plates to raise the room to finally putting everything back to normal as it was upon purchace and even putting the original motor back on. :( Their last attack in December was to rewire the motor and shorten the length of wire from the battery to the motor. They think that the length of wire to the drive motor was too long causing voltage drop and the motor wasn't producing enough UUMPP to bring the room in. Well, that's all good in theory but the real test will be about June when it is 85 degrees and the room is out for the weekend and we prepare to leave and it not want to come in. :disapprove: That's one story now there is another....it seems the R-Vision now has put a recall on the pin box and how it is attached to the trailer frame. They claim in some instances the pin box is tearing away from the frame and must be repaired and strengthen. So, I call my dealership and they tell me right off the bat that that will be extensive repair work and will probably include hiring an outside welding service to make the repairs according to the repair ticket from R-Vision. I am fed up with the whole thing and on the borderline of trading it off. That's easy for me to say but hard to swallow since I will take a beating on trying to trade it in on something BETTER BUILT!! Anybody else having problems like mine or did I just buy a LEMON?? :question:

sirhuntalot

Any Troubles with Trail Bay R-Vision

i own 2003 trailbay /// got it 1 month ago only small problems so far it is travel trailer model 27ds with kitchen slide no problems with slide as of yet only dripping kitchen faucet and 1 of the jacks broke