Are you adding mileage to a towable, just as if you would be driving the vehicule?

laserman

Yes I'm a newbie but my wife had an interesting question while discussing our choice for our future towable for our future RV life. Are we adding mileage to the towable while towing it just as if we were driving it? Then, if so, depreciation is double. The RV and the towable are depreciated as we add mileage to both at the same time??????? If not, must we disconnect the odometer?:concern:

H2H1

well I don't know about other toads, but yes to my Saturn. While in tow with all 4 down it adds the miles.

dfedora

My Jeep Wrangler does not add mileage 4 down,( 4WD transfer case in neutral so transmission doen't turn)

JimE

Hollis I tow a 2005 Saturn Vue all four down and it does not increment mileage along the way. Do you pull the main ignition fuse when you travel?

H2H1

Hi Jim, no all I have to do is put it in neutral and the key in acc, no fuse to pull. But there again, my Saturn is an 1998 model, so that may be why I am adding miles to it.