Attwood water heater thermostat issue

whaler23

I have a 1999 HR Vacationer with a 6 Gallon Attwood DSI hot water heater, operates with gas and has an electric element as well. The gas side thermstat went out but in trying to order a new one I get two choices one for the gas, one for the 110V. My model # is GC6AA-9E. Any help on the correct thermostat would be appreciated.

DL Rupper

Re: Attwood water heater thermostat issue

I hope the thermostat fixes your problem. I just replaced my 2002 6 gallon Atwood DSI hot water heater. The new replacement was $559 plus $ 170 install plus tax. :(

C Nash

Now DL, if you would lay off them diesel fumes you could have done it yourself and saved the 170 bucks. Ordered it from GTS and even saved more :eek: Was yours leaking?

DL Rupper

Hey Chelse, my heater circuit board was shot and they wanted $250 for a new board that I would have installed. However, my last water heater lasted 7 years before it started leaking so with my unit at 6 1/2 years old I opted for a new one. The installation is really hard on mine (old age itis). Last time it took 2 clowns to install it.

C Nash

Understand the age thing DL. getting to where I have a hard time doing just the normal service on the MH. When it comes time to have to pay the shop prices for everything guess I'll have to retire from rving :disapprove:

G

but nash if u do that ,, i'll be out of work ,, u know u guy's retiring from rving ,, i rely on non do it themselvers for work :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clown: :clown: :evil: :evil:

C Nash

Rod, you know I'm not dowing what you guys have to charge to work on these things because I understand what ya'll have to do and what it cost for tools and such. It's just that there is getting to be to much month for the amount of money to live. :laugh:

G

hey ,, i under stand ,, and i was JK with u ,, but i too feel it a sad day when i can't work on mine or other's ,, but u'r right ,, they are putting more stuff in more un accessible places ,, i guess that is for more shop money at the dealer ;) :approve: :approve: :approve:

C Nash

Man, I really wish I could still work on vehicles like I used to. Mind still wants to but if I got in some places I used to I would never get out now. Could lay across floorboard humps under dashes all day and no problem and now have trouble just getting out of the car seat :laugh:

DL Rupper

Well it's time for me to stop tinkering. Saturday I cleaned the contacts on my Dometic Refrigerator circuit board and forgot to shut off the shore power. Well I turned off the 12 V battery and unplugged 115 V AC to the the refrigerator, but temporarily forget that the converter was still supplying 12 V power. I wiped out my 12 V circuit board or something because now my refrigerator won't light the propane. I don't get a spark and I don't know if there is any propane flowing past the igniter. Well I guess that lets out boon docking until I can afford a new circuit board.

My Dometic is a Model # 2807. Way back in 1998 the gas part of the 2 way refrigerator stopped working and they installed a factory wiring modification to the circuit board so I'm not sure if the board I looked up on the Internet will even work. It's a Dinosaur Board. That's appropriate as I'm an old Dinosaur. I just need to quit screwing around with the appliances as wifey told me, since I'm getting dangerous in my old age. :eek: :bleh: