Awning Supports

Discussion in 'General RVing' started by ARCHER, Apr 5, 2008.

ARCHER Senior Member

Where is the cheapest and best place to order the awning supports for underneath that take out the flap in the wind? I use three deflappers on each end, however, I still get some flapping because of the bow in the awning. Also, how about a support from the TT to the middle of the awning to keep it from bending (the metal part)?
    I use two tie downs on each corner and a strap over the middle from side to side and it keeps it pretty good in most wind.
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

RE: Awning Supports

Archer look at CW web sight ,, they have a awning tensioner thingy ,, it mounts to the side of the rv ,, and when it's out u simply lock it in place ,, and it also has a saddle for the middle of u'r awning to sit in while traveling ,, they sag then too ,,, i have one on mine and it's great ,, but i noticed they have a new one out that uses hydralic pressure to keep the awning tawt in the middle ,, go to the CW web sight and look under awnings ,, if u don't find it let me know and i'll look it up in my catalog for u :approve: :cool: :bleh:
    In response to the corner tie downs ,, kepp using them ,, they help with the over all support of the awning when deployed ,, i still use the srcew in the ground stakes and ropes ,, even with my awing tensoiner