battery disconnect

Discussion in 'Class A / Diesel Pushers' started by traffic323, Jun 2, 2009.

1. traffic323

traffic323 New Member

I have a 93 southwind and when i press the battery disconnect buttons they dont do anything. when i press the main battery disconnect i hear a noise for the front but lights are still on and nothing changes. is this normal? also when i disconnect the chassi battery and turn the ing on it is still getting power and will turn over off the deep cycle batterys is it suppose to do that aswell?
  2. C Nash

C Nash Senior Member

Re: battery disconnect

James welcome to the forum. None I have seen will start from the house batteries except when you press a aux start switch. Sounds as though you have a relayor solinoid that is stuck in closed position or someone has jumped something. Is this a new MH to you or is this a problem that has just started? Maybe one of the Southwind owners here can better answer your problem or non problem.
  3. H2H1

H2H1 Senior Member

Re: battery disconnect

Welcome James. I have the same problem with my Southwind, as Nash as stated the solenoid is stuck in the closed position. I put mine in the shop and found out the converter was burned up and a circuit board was gone as well. Now I am not a mechanic so I don't know if this true or not . I am having the house batteries replaced today while we are out here in SD. the batteries are 4 years old and I under stand this normal time frame on the batteries. When we get home I will put it in the shop for them to complete the work. BTW don't be surprise if u can't find parts now, as Fleeetwood has gone out of business. Good luck and I will post back of the finding results when it is completed, but that want be until July as we are still on the road.
  4. traffic323

traffic323 New Member

RE: battery disconnect

i just got the rv so dont know whats going on. thanks for the help cause i have someone comming to look at it soon and i will relay the information and keep you posted on what happens. thanks guys