battery disconnect

traffic323

I have a 93 southwind and when i press the battery disconnect buttons they dont do anything. when i press the main battery disconnect i hear a noise for the front but lights are still on and nothing changes. is this normal? also when i disconnect the chassi battery and turn the ing on it is still getting power and will turn over off the deep cycle batterys is it suppose to do that aswell?

C Nash

Re: battery disconnect

James welcome to the forum. None I have seen will start from the house batteries except when you press a aux start switch. Sounds as though you have a relayor solinoid that is stuck in closed position or someone has jumped something. Is this a new MH to you or is this a problem that has just started? Maybe one of the Southwind owners here can better answer your problem or non problem.

H2H1

Re: battery disconnect

Welcome James. I have the same problem with my Southwind, as Nash as stated the solenoid is stuck in the closed position. I put mine in the shop and found out the converter was burned up and a circuit board was gone as well. Now I am not a mechanic so I don't know if this true or not . I am having the house batteries replaced today while we are out here in SD. the batteries are 4 years old and I under stand this normal time frame on the batteries. When we get home I will put it in the shop for them to complete the work. BTW don't be surprise if u can't find parts now, as Fleeetwood has gone out of business. Good luck and I will post back of the finding results when it is completed, but that want be until July as we are still on the road.

traffic323

RE: battery disconnect

i just got the rv so dont know whats going on. thanks for the help cause i have someone comming to look at it soon and i will relay the information and keep you posted on what happens. thanks guys