Beware of Austin RV Rent on Ben White Blvd

Patches

Stored my motorhome at Austin RV Rent - they required me to leave my keys (because I am from out of State). When I returned to my motorhome everything was STOLEN!!! NO FORCED ENTRY. The police concluded that it was an inside job. Austin RV took no responsibility. Wasted our vacation dealing with this to no avail. BEWARE!!! There are a lot of RV storage places in Austin...stay clear of Austin RV Rent.

Cindy Hendricks

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Patches,

Sorry to hear about that. Is that normal? For you to turn over your keys and then if something happens them not be responsible? That seems odd to me.

Patches

I live in Alaska and leave my motorhome in the lower 48 - because it takes so long to drive back and forth. I have been doing this for the last 7 years. It has been left in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada and this last year Texas. This is the first time that I have ever been required to leave my keys. The owner, Pennie Douglas, insisted if there was an emergency that they are required to have a set of keys to be able to move the motorhome (out of the way) etc. I was just plain stupid to believe her. Hoping to stop someone else from making the same mistake.

H2H1

sorry for your lost, I would never leave my KEYS to anyone. I would tell them if there was an emergeny I have insurance to cover it. But like I said so sorry for your lost

Boyde31

Wow! That is down right terrible. Some people just really irritate me when they do things like that. I hope you get everything figured out, Patches.

melvonnar

Left my motorhome to have a damage repaired at ----------I deleated the name because they are sue crazy here in Florida, they cleaned it out, never did repair it, after 3 months I took it to another repair place and got it fixed.
I feel your pain.

ejdixon

Sorry to read about this, Patches. Don't take this the wrong way, but I have to ask: didn't the fact that this was the first time that you encountered an RV storage facility insisting that you leave your keys with them after doing this for 7 years raise any alarms for you?