Black water replacemnt valve

Domingo

Frustrated with the high cost of repair shops. 85 dollars to 125 dollars an hour not including parts. I have never walked out of the shop with a bill no less then 400 dollars. Sunday. I decided to replace the black water valve, it had slipped out of the casing. Turned out that the casing was broken which caused for the wire to slip out. Rather then buying a new casing. I decided to build two brackets and built groves around the wire and added a tight wire to add more pressure to prevent it to slip out. I also heated the casing which caused the wire to mold into the plastic. It felt stronger then the original hold. it worked well. Problem was to reconnect the plumbing. The space it tight. I spent four hours reconnecting the plumbing, and $0 dollars spent.
This may be trivial to some of you guys but to me it was a major accomplishment. Had lots of fun doing it.

TexasClodhopper

Re: Black water replacemnt valve

It isn't trivial at all, Domingo! That's $400 you have now to spend on fuel! :clown:

PS. Good job! (but keep an eye on it for a little while.)

cwishert

Great going Domingo! :cool: :laugh: :) :approve: Now if someone else has the same problem you can give good advice. And maybe give someone else the courage to try it on thier own. :approve:

C Nash

Good job Domingo. I can understand the dollars per hour the rv shops charge but, I cannot afford it either as long as I can do the work myself. Auto repair is close to that as most ever thing else.

ARCHER

Great Domingo. Now make sure it doesn't leak or smell will get ya or someone else might. ;)