buying a winneibago, what should i look out for

hi, i'm researching ahead of time
i'm new to the world of rv's
at the moment i'm trawling ebay looking at all the winniebago's, trying to get an idea of what's out there
and what they cost
right nowi'm liking the look of 97/98 winniebago braves
what should i be looking for, any tips trick for first time buyers, would be very much appreciated
many thanks

C Nash

Re: buying a winneibago, what should i look out for

Welcome to the forum. Look at the same thing you would on any make. Condition, leaks, service records, all appliances work, tires, driveline, engine, brakes. Do what you are already doing researching and asking questions. You need to spend time in the rv sitting. Is it comfortable? Lie on the bed. sit on the potty. stand in the shower. Take a ice pick and probe around the wall edge at bottom for soft spots. Ck the kitchen counter for space. Don't forget plumbing and be sure all holding tanks are not leaking. Just a few things that come to mind. Others will jump in

Triple E

Nash, good idea on the ice pick. I have never thought of that one. Also, on the black water tank, make sure it is clean. By no means do you want to be stuck with some one else's waste. Another thing. You do not want tires that are more then six years old. Good luck. ;)

:8ball:

RE: buying a winneibago, what should i look out for

anymore input, i'm going to look at a few in a couple of weeks, it'd be handy if i knew what questions to ask

anyone

C Nash

If buying used learn how to read the production dates on tires. This can be found on the internet. Just goggle tire mfg date. They should be replaced if they are over 7 yrs regardless of tread depth. Ck the CCC which should be in a cabinet CCC= cargo carring capacity or the amount of weight you will add by loading the rv. Can't stress enough about looking for signs of water damage. If you can see it it's much worse than you think and can be very expensive to repair. Look for leaks even if the unit is new. A new one sitting on a lot with a leak can cause severe damage. Dont jump on the first one you fall in love with. Go home and think on it.

RE: buying a winneibago, what should i look out for

thanks, i'm a motor mechanic, the mechanical bit's i'm not too worried about, water ingress, are there area's prone to water damage, i guess they'd maybe specific to RV type I was hoping to find out if there are things i need to be aware of egards heating, oven/cooker, fridges, shower stalls etc, etc

slideouts {who know's we might be able to afford a rig with them}

ducting water tanks,fresh grey, black etc

brodavid

Nash and Triple E has the right ideas,
research, look, look again, try everything out, look over it all again, look for trouble, check the dates on the tires, probe into the corners, any manuals with it, learn how to use everything, better to know it now then 6 months from now on a long vacant back road,