camping world service, washington state

staceys

Just had the worst experience in service I have ever had. Camping World location
Burlington WA. Has the worse customer service when it comes to ordering parts and servicing your coach. Has anyone else experienced this? We left our coach for a week to allow the service department to have time to do a general oil change and service on the engine and generator, plus add shocks to all axles. When we went back a week later, all they had accomplished was the oil change servicing. When we asked why they hadn't gotten the shocks done all week, they then informed us that they didn't have any in stock, although online it clearly states shocks are an IN STOCK item. Can you imagine driving 60 miles one way to be told that they hadn't finished their job and not only that they wouldn't be able to complete the service on the engine because their "mechanic" didn't have any experience in replacing the injectors!!! So we had to take the coach to another rv shop to have the work done, and still have to return to CAMPING WORLD to have the shocks put on!!! So far we have traveled over 400 miles go back and forth! If you ever need work done, shop around, go to Tacoma Camping World or somewhere else, but do yourself a favor and DON"T go to Burlington Camping World. :dead:

H2H1

Re: camping world service, washington state

the key word would NEVER go to CW for anything. They may claim to be the biggest in the RV world and may just be. but they can add to that as the sorriest also. I agree the customer service is lousy. I use to deal with them, never again. I only deal with GTS in Bedford VA and I live in GA. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Welcome to the forum. I would not take it back for shocks. Most any garage can install shocks. Let us know how it turns out.

LEN

Communication is the key here, a phone call will save driving. I'm not defending them but when I go in I have a specific list and do not have many problems. There are several good dealers in the Puget Sound area. Just had mine in for a few items that were done on time(I did give them the time needed) and to my joy they inspected a couple things that were OK and they could have nicked me on but didn't.

LEN

staceys

With a list why would you have any problems? We took a list by the way and called several times, only to get a different story and price each time. Good luck if you continue to go to CW, eventually you'll find out the hard way like we did.

utmtman

Thats sad, I had my rv in there a couple of times about three or four years ago. They were the busiest shop I had ever seen and when we got there the first morning they were lined up for work. Most all our work was complimentary with the exception that they replaced our bad converter but did not bother to check the batteries and thus we had to go back in to get them replaced as well. They were also the first shop out of half a dozen that knew how to adjust our slideout to better center it and stop the water leaking when raining.

Jon P

I agree..........the Camping World in Indianapolis was similar. No one knew what the other departments were doing.......very sloppy & unprofessional work. I had a very detailed list (numbered) & called to verify everything was completed. Guess what....it was not. Not to mention, when I pulled out, my stop engine light even came on.....the worst service experience in my life. I will never purchase anything from RV Camping World again.......anywhere. Looking for a Quality Professional place in Indiana to take our American Heritage for service & repair. Don't mind paying for service, but I do expect good service when I pay for it.