Can I pull this with a 3/4 ton?

sharp

Hello, I am in the market for a 5th wheel toy hauler. We are looking at one in the 30-35 foot range and around 11000 shipping weight. The Fuzion 322 is one that we have been reasearching. The truck is an 05 GMC 2500hd duramax, ext cab, short box, 4x4. Some dealers have said that its enough truck, some say I need a one ton. The most I would haul in the back is two dirtbikes. We dont plan to tow it much, it will stay up north at a campsite all summer,and we will live in it full time, then head south and park it during the winter. I would appreciate any info you guys/gals could give me. The truck also has a six inch lift, a couple dealers said they can flip the axles around on the trailer to make it higher, but I dunno if it'll work. So I would just like to know if my idea is crazy, or if I need a different truck :)

thanks.

LEN

Re: Can I pull this with a 3/4 ton?

My son has about the same setup only Dodge and he did add the air bags and it does a nice job. Just make sure the tires on the truck are rated for enough weight.

LEN

Grandview Trailer Sa

Welcome to the forum!

Your truck is rated to tow 15,600lbs. 30' is OK, but personnally I don't like to see 35' 5th wheels behind short bed trucks. The longer the tow vehicle, the safer you are.

sharp

Thanks very much for the help guys. So having a 6 inch lift with 35 tires is doable with a fith wheel? Any suggestions for toyhaulers in that size?

brandon meier

i have a f250 7.3 and i flip my axals and put air bags on the truck i pull a 42 footer and it pull tits