can I tow this?

flash

Hello out there,
I am new to RVing and am looking into purchasing a new (used) travel trailer. I don't know if my truck will be able to pull it or not and would like some experienced RV'ers to give me some idea.
What we have:
2007 Dodge Ram Big Horn 1500
Trailer tow group:
750 amp battery
class IV hitch reciever
7 pin wiring
Multi-speed overdrive automatic transmission tip start
3.55 axle ratio
ant-spin differential rear axel
5.7 liter Hemi (R) multi displacement engine
What I would like to tow:
Cougar X-LITE
shipping weight-6085
carrying capacity-1715
exterior hitch 965

Appreciate any advice. Sometimes sellers tell you anything just to unload a rig. Think I could trust you guys more.
Thanks again,
Flash

C Nash

Re: can I tow this?

Sharon, you should be able to tow the rv if you watch what you load in the rv and truck. I don't know what your truck is rated for so look in the owner manual to get some idea of towing capacity. Be sure to get the proper hitch, sway control and brake controler. What is the length of the cougar.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Your owners manual will tell you what your truck is rated to tow, but an older Dodge that I checked last week was rated to tow about 8,500lb. Same engine, but not Hemi.

C Nash

Woops, just reread yours and see that you have a 2007 so it might be different :(

flash

Thanks everyone. I checked out these sites after you suggested and found out that we probably could handle the 7700#. We have a stabalizing or sway bar and electronic brake contol also. The Cougar is 29 feet but they say 31 with the hitch. Looks like this may be a winner then eh?
Thanks again,