Chassis/Suspension questions

Snowy

I have been looking for a good buy for over a year, we've rented and test driven quite a few RV's. Here is my problem. The best riding RV's are the DP with full air systems. I do not want to spend that amount money. Lets keep the discussion about Type A gas. I feel real unsafe in a wallowing, rolling RV. Most if not all the rigs I test drove had 19.5 tires, till last week I drove a 34 foot with 22.5 tire and a GVWR of 22000 not the normal 20700. I found the ride far better, less roll. Was this due to bigger tire and heavier GVWR? What are the pro's and con's of the two setups. :question:

utmtman

Re: Chassis/Suspension questions

Well my rig is a 37 footer gas with 22.5 tires GVWR 22000 and I have driven it across the US and back up mountain and down and in winds to 40 mph with rains and I am happy with the ride. Could be the frame too, I have a workhorse frame and since buying this rig I have been told many times its a far better frame than most. Having only had and driven smaller gas rigs under 30 foot I cannot comment on other brands and sizes.

H2H1

Re: Chassis/Suspension questions

Same here Lee, 36 footer gas on a work horse frame, 22.5 tires and GVWR 22,000 and no problems and you can look at my map and see where will have been and will add more states starting this May.