Class C Jay Eagle

PaulG2330

I recently bought a Class C Jayco Eagle, which is about 10 years old. After taking on two short trips, I have some questions about it. There is no leveling system, and I was wondering if there are any after market kits that I could purchase, that I could install. I've seen the "leveling lynk" blocks, but I was looking for a manual, or hydraulic system.

The second thing is, when I am hooked up at the camp site (power and water), my water pump is very loud and sometimes pulses when I run the water. It acts like the cut in and cut out switch are set to close, or that it needs a charged holding tank, to allow the water pressure to slowly "bleed down".

I was under the impression that if I was hooked up to an external water supply, I would not need to run the water pump. The pump runs no matter where I set the toggle switch labeled "pump" in the kitchen area.

Thanks in advance!

TexasClodhopper

Re: Class C Jay Eagle

PaulG, welcome to the forum! I did a lot of research for my Class C leveling. Right now I use the leveling blocks, but I have to 'hunt' for level side-to-side to make it work right. I've always been able to use two sets to get it leveled front to back.

What I have settled on (not bought yet) is the Bigfoot brand of leveling by Quadra Mfg. Inc. www.bigfootleveler.com

I think I'm just going to put two jacks on the frame right around where the cab and cabin are joined. It will be manual, and I will occasionally use rear scissor jacks in the rear, as I do now.

Doing it this way, I'll be able to adjust for side-to-side level without twisting the frame.

It won't be as easy as a full automatic system, but I won't add too much weight either. The weight you carry on the frame is weight you have to leave behind in toys and food!

TexasClodhopper

Something is going on here with embedded links. RVUSA keeps adding "http://www.rvusa.com/forum/mbbs22/forums/" to my links.

Just copy and paste "www.bigfootleveler.com" into your browser.

Kirk

I think the leveling issue was answered, but to summarize, yes you can buy leveling jacks for your RV. Check then out with any RV supply store or service shop. They are a little costly but they sure are nice to have!

The water pump issue was not addressed. First of all, your water pump has an on/off switch and it should be in the off position when it is not in use. The water pump operates on a pressure sense switch and it turns on any time the water pressure in the line falls below about 45# or so. Now that means that whether it will run when city water is connected or not, will depend upon the pressure supplied by the city water system. If you use a water pressure regulator (which everyone should when on city water), the cheap ones have such a small passage that the pressure will fall below the 45# and the pump will turn on briefly. But there really is no need for it and most people keep the pump turned off when connected to city water.

As to water in the tank, there should always be water in your fresh water tank if you have the pump on. It does not harm the pump to run it with no water for short periods but if it is allowed to run for very long periods when there is no water in the fresh water tank, it can damage the pump.

Just keep the pump turned off when connected to city water supplies.

PaulG2330

Thanks for the information. I'll have to check it further, the toggle switch that turns the pump on and off doesn't seem to control the pump, it runs in both positions. I'll work it out, since you've enlightened me on how it should work.
Thanks Again!