cleaning rv cushions

Discussion in 'RV Tips & Tricks' started by powell6, Jun 3, 2006.

1. powell6

powell6 New Member

Our family just bought a used pull behind trailer that had been sitting for a couple of years. The cushions look new (and the seller says they were purchased just before it was parked) but I'd like to clean and sanitize them. I can hand wash the covers so it's the foam cushion part that I'm concerned about. Any suggestions as to the best way to do this?
  2. Happy Old Camper

Happy Old Camper New Member

RE: cleaning rv cushions

I don't think I would even wash the covers. Taking the sizing out of them makes them get dirty faster. Disinfectant spray would work. I made covers for mine, when I had a used camper and now with the new one. The old ones were in perfect shape, and I did not want them to get dirty in my old camper and of course I do not want the new ones dirty either. If they are fairly new, I think I would just spray them. I never did that (sprayed the cushions) with my old camper, maybe I should have?

Just an idea

Happy old camper
  3. luukoutbelow

luukoutbelow New Member

Re: cleaning rv cushions

I bought a little mean green machine (turbo brush) from walmart for $68 with hypo allergenic/scotchguard solution for $8. Did wonders not only to my carpet, but also upholstry. Brand new truck now haha. Seriously works great.