Coachmen dual pane window troubles

siskababa

I'm looking at buying a 1998 Coachmen Santara located in AZ. Inside most of the dual pane windows the internal gasket separating the two pieces of glass in showing BADLY, very unsightly. Several of the windows are also fogged, I guess meaning a leak between the seal of the two pieces of glass?
Has anyone had any experience with this problem and a possible solution? I'm not above replacing the windows granted they are still available.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or solutions,

Nick

C Nash

Re: Coachmen dual pane window troubles

Welcome to the forum Nick. Replacing the windows can be expensive. Most will tell you you have to replace the complete window but you can get just the glass and it's a lot cheaper. The mfg of the glass will be in one of the coners of the glass. Takes a lot of calling and begging to them but I got just the dual pane glass for my HR for 125 and did it myself. Not a big job. Good luck and let us know what you do.

siskababa

Thanks so much Chelse. I'm going to do the deal today and will post what I find out and what I plan to do when I find out ;)
Nick
------

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with a unarmed person"

vanole

siskababa,

Won't be much help to you most likely, but Suncoast Designers in Hudson Fla repairs double pane RV window seals for about $200 a window. I had my driver side window repaired by them when it appeared the seal was broken. Great service and at a fair price.

V/R
Jeff