Coleman Fuel

We still use our OLD Coleman stove and Coleman lantern but have used the last of our fuel - the kind that came in the red can - and I cannot find anymore! Have you seen it and if so, where???

akjimny

Walmart - or you should be able to use unleaded gas - preferably without ethanol, if you can find it. Good luck.:)

vanole

I'm thinking back some years but if I remember correctly I think they also called the fuel "white gas".

dailydriver

I still have a couple of Coleman lanterns, they are hard to beat! I haven't bought any of the commercial fuel for them since they came out with unleaded gas. I was just in WalMart today and noticed that they still sold Coleman fuel for a price of nearly $10 per gallon. I don't think there's any downside to using unleaded, or my lanterns would have surely had problems sometime here in the last 30 years since they've had nothing but unleaded run through them.

Coleman Fuel

dailydriver;83590 said:
I still have a couple of Coleman lanterns, they are hard to beat! I haven't bought any of the commercial fuel for them since they came out with unleaded gas. I was just in WalMart today and noticed that they still sold Coleman fuel for a price of nearly $10 per gallon. I don't think there's any downside to using unleaded, or my lanterns would have surely had problems sometime here in the last 30 years since they've had nothing but unleaded run through them.

I'm wondering if "white gas" and kerosene are the same thing? What did you get to put your unleaded in?

C Nash

No white gas is not the sae as karosene. You can still get the "white"gas at BPs. Its there super blend or was. ay have changed now.