converter location

mallozj

I am new to this forum and have found it to be very informatitive. I have a 2007 paridise pointe and was wondering if anyone new where my converter can be located, its not anywhere obvious. Also why is it necessary to have batteries installed to operate the slideouts.

ARCHER

Re: converter location

12 volt motor for slide out, so that you can get it out/in if your not hooked up to shorepower (110).
Converter could be located behind a cabinet (near flooring), under flooring perhaps near front seats, but where-ever it is located, it will have a vent / screen opening so that it does not get "too hot". it will have a fan that runs to keep it cooler. Try to trace your battery wires (house batteries , not coach batteries). might lead you to its location.

sorry, WELCOME

utmtman

Welcome to the forum Mallzoj, Most everything in your rv are 12v operated even if they run on 110 or on a fluid system. You still need the batterys to operate these items. Not sure where you converter is but I have seen them in storage areas of the rvs as well as under bench seats. Good luck to ya.

rjf7g

I have had converters under the fridge, under the bathroom sink, at the foot of the bed (bad design if you toss covers), and on a bench seat. Look for a brown louvered cover.

mallozj

i just thought that if you are plugged into shorepwer the 12v converter supplies the voltage to the slideout motor. I happen to be winterizing my camper wo weks ago and pulled the battery before letting the slide in and although i was still connected to shorepower the slide would not operate until i reconnected the battery.

Thanks

mallozj

i just thought that if you are plugged into shorepwer the 12v converter supplies the voltage to the slideout motor. I happen to be winterizing my camper wo weks ago and pulled the battery before letting the slide in and although i was still connected to shorepower the slide would not operate until i reconnected the battery.

mallozj