Cork Flooring

chief4-1

I want to install cork flooring in my motorhome. I need advice as to whether to use planks or squares, glue it or float the floor.

cwishert

Re: Cork Flooring

I don't have advice on how to do it but I am very curious as to how it will turn out. I am looking into cork flooring in our stick and brick house. Just haven't got the time or the money right now to pursue it further. Let us know what you find out and if you do it put some pictures on the albums. :approve:

rjf7g

Re: Cork Flooring

Chief4-1
I am sitting in my class C right now...come on over and I will clear the floor for you!

CAC RV

RE: Cork Flooring

My advice would be to use tiles rather then planks and float the floor rather then adhering the floor to the coach.

The tiles will resist both X and Y axis twisting of the coach better then planks.

Floating the flooring will also perform better then adhering it to the coach in that the tiles will not be subject to the twisting of the coach as much and not adhering the cork to the coach will be easier for someone to change out the flooring at a future date.

Glenn NK

RE: Cork Flooring

CAC RV - 5/17/2009 10:55 AM My advice would be to use tiles rather then planks and float the floor rather then adhering the floor to the coach. The tiles will resist both X and Y axis twisting of the coach better then planks. Floating the flooring will also perform better then adhering it to the coach in that the tiles will not be subject to the twisting of the coach as much and not adhering the cork to the coach will be easier for someone to change out the flooring at a future date.

I'd agree with this.

A floating floor will perform better if it undergoes large temperature swings (expansion/contraction).

G