Do Class C's come with a leveling system of any kind?

TygreLvr

Hi Everyone,
I'm new to RVing, and to RV USA. I am currently in the process of purchasing a slightly used 2006 Four Winds 5000, Class C :) I was wondering if leveling systems come with them or not? If not, what is the easiest to use? and what is the procedure to level an RV?

Thanks in advance for your help
Linda

TexasClodhopper

Re: Do Class C's come with a leveling system of any kind?

Welcome to the forum, Linda.

Most Class C's that we looked at did not have any hydraulic leveling.

We have been very careful to pick spots that are level from side to side. Sometimes we have to move around in a spot to get the side to side level where water will drain out of the shower.

Then we use a set of those orange multi-level blocks to drive the front wheels on to get the front to back level. (A class C usually sits lower in the front.)

This has worked for us for 4 years.

With a class C you don't want to add any more dead weight to the chassis.

TygreLvr

Thanks for the reply. The orange blocks you mentioned, are they the Lynx Levelers? It looks like you have the same Engine and drivetrain that is in the one I'm looking at. What's the avg. mileage you get?

Thanks,
Linda

TexasClodhopper

Linda, those blocks come in different varieties, but are all about alike. I do have the Lynx Levelers, and I know they are very durable. I've used them on concrete and rocks.

I have two sets of them. There are 10 per set. I generally use all ten on one side. I think that makes 4 blocks high in the center. That's been enough so far.

I build them into a ramp up one side and a ramp down the other side since one time Sallyberetta decided not to stop at the top! :clown:

Oh, I generally get between 7 and 8.5 MPG depending on how far I push my foot. The "sweet spot" on my V-10 is right at 2200 RPM and about 60 MPH.

Blueeyes

We own a 1997 Gulfstream Conquest 20' Class C. My husband made our leveling blocks by cutting a 2 x 8 at an angle on one end and under the other flat end we place a flat piece of wood to raise the block up to the level we need. This is a cheap way to level and supports the tires as they are setting on a flat serface. We get approx. 10 to 12 miles per gallon with our tiny MH but we try to travel light. As others have mentioned, after you travel a while you learn what is absolutely neccessary. We have been in all 48 states and 3 provencies of Canada in our MH & have loved it all.

G

well see there we go agian ,, another good pointer on and about using the skills we have as rver's to adapt and over come ,, very good blueeyes ,, that is what this place is all about ,, comments on how to make rving easyer ,, and more money wise ,, and of course FUN ,, :laugh: :approve: :approve: :approve:

brodavid

I agree Rod,all good advice, from Tex and Blueeyes

Kirk

There are leveling systems for a class C available today. You could have one added to the 4 Winds for around $3K or so. If you ever do have them you will never consider another RV without them.